10 Detox Foods
1. Lemon: Lemons are a staple of many detox diets, and there is good reason for this. Firstly, lemons are packed with antioxidant vitamin C, which is great for the skin and for fighting disease-forming free-radicals.
2. Ginger: If too much fatty food or alcohol has caused problems for your digestive system, it may be worthwhile adding some ginger to your diet. Ginger is not only great for reducing feelings of nausea, but it can help improve digestion, beat bloating and reduce gas. In addition to this, ginger is high in antioxidants and is good for boosting the immune system.
3. Garlic: Garlic has long been known for its heart benefits, however the pungent food is also good at detoxifying the body. Garlic is not only antiviral, antibacterial and antibiotic, but it contains a chemical called allicin which promotes the production of white blood cells and helps fight against toxins.
4. Artichoke: If you have recently been overindulging in fatty foods and alcohol, adding some steamed globe artichoke leaves to your meals is a great way to help get your body back on track.
5. Beetroot: For those needing a quick health-boosting shot of nutrients, you can’t do much better than beetroot. Packed with magnesium, iron, and vitamin C, the vegetable has recently been hailed as a superfood due to its many reported health benefits.
6. Green tea: While it’s not technically a food, no detox plan would be complete without regular consumption of essential liquids. Fluids are essential for keeping our organs healthy and helping to flush toxins from the body, and drinking green tea is a great way of boosting your intake. Green tea is not only a good weight-loss drink, but it is extremely high in antioxidants.
7. Cabbage: Many celebs have resorted to the cabbage soup diet to help lose weight and get in shape quickly before a big event, however cabbage is not only good for weight loss - it is also an excellent detoxifying food. Like most cruciferous vegetables (including broccoli and sprouts), cabbage contains a chemical called sulforaphane, which helps the body fight against toxins.
8. Fresh fruit: Fresh fruits are high in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fibre= and are also low in calories, making them an important part of a detox diet. If you’re after brighter eyes and skin, shinier hair and improved digestion, try boosting your intake of fruit and eating from a wide variety of different kinds.
9. Brown rice: If you want to cleanse your system and boost your health, it is a good idea to cut down on processed foods. Instead, try supplementing your diet with healthier whole grains such as brown rice, which is rich in many key detoxifying nutrients including B vitamins, magnesium, manganese and phosphorous.
10. Watercress: Like most green herbs and vegetables, watercress is an excellent health-booster and detox food. Firstly, watercress leaves are packed with many vital detoxifying nutrients, including several B vitamins, zinc, potassium, vitamin E and vitamin C. Secondly, watercress has natural diuretic properties, which can help to flush toxins out the body.
Fitness Food Fabulous Fitblr Giveaway!!!
1. Purple Gaiam Yoga Mat
2. Hamilton Beach Single Serve Blender with travel lid
3. Embark Medium resistance cord
4. Valeo adjustable 10’ speed jumping rope
5. Kim Kardashian Fit in Your Jeans by Friday Amazing Abs body sculpt (even if you hate her this is a GREAT workout)
6.$25 Gift certificate to the Nike website
-You must be following me http://fitnessfoodfabulous.tumblr.com
-You must be a healthy active fitblr
-Reblog as much as you like just don’t spam your lovely followers
-If not 18 or older must have parents permission for me to send this to you
-1 like will count towards your chances
-I will pick a random winner using random.org
The deadline in June 30!!! I will pick the winner July 1st!
To this I will also be adding a healthy foods cookbook!
Things not pictured above that will be in the giveaway
This has such a powerful meaning to it. Because sometimes, it is too late to save someone, once you realize how much they’ve needed help, they’re already gone. When you realize you shouldn’t have said those last words to that person, that you could change those words. I often hear “oh they were such a wonderful person, they didn’t need to go this way”, here’s an idea, tell them these things while they’re still alive. It can make a difference, even a simple smile. Watch what you say to people, because you never know, that could be their last day on Earth.
This picture, my god.
People such as Anons really need to take this message and picture into consideration!